The Emerging Sensing Technologies Summit 2018 (ESTS'18) brings together the sensing science and technologies communities from around the globe, from the current world-leaders in sensing research and industry applications to the future generations. It is an event not to be missed if you want to keep abreast of the latest advances and foster innovations in sensing developments and their applications.
Wide range of topics
ESTS’16 brings together key researchers from Australia and around the world to share and discuss the latest innovations in sensing technologies development including applications in the areas such as health and medicine, power networks, military, aviation, astronomy, automotive, agriculture, environmental monitoring and natural resources.
The ESTS'18 brings industry, academic and government bodies on 3 Expert panel discussions.
The main topics and subtopics of the summit are:
Sensors for Sports, Human Performance, Health and Medical Applications
- Body area networks (e.g. flexible and organic electronics/photonics and wearables & thinkables) - Bio-chemical sensing (e.g. drug delivery, molecular sensing and diagnosis) - Optical (e.g. patient monitoring technologies) - Sport sensor networks - Biomedical Sensing (Echography, Radiology, MRI, CT, ECG, MEG) Sensors for Mining, Industrial Processes and Resources
- Optical sensing
- Chemical sensing
- GIS and remote sensing
- Sensors for the power network
- Sensor for automation (e.g. motion control sensors) Sensors for Food, Agriculture and Environmental Applications - Physical and chemical sensors - Weather sensing - IoT solutions - Smart phone sensors - Virtual sensors Sensors for Smarter Cities, Security and Defence
- Sensor for air quality
- Sensors for green buildings
- Sensor for future lighting
- Water quality sensing
- RADAR & LIDAR technologies
- Sensing for future transportation Distributed sensors and IoT
- Data analytics methods for sensor data
- Artificial Inteligence enabled sensors
- IoT platforms for sensor Data
- IoT implementations
- Sensor Networks
- Automated systems
New frontiers in sensing
- Theoretical Research
- Sensor Fabrication and Packaging
- Mechanisms, Modelling and Simulation
- Nanomaterials and Composites for Sensors
- Sensor Array and Data Analysis
- Hybrid Sensor Devices
- Flexible, Stretchable and Wearable Sensors
- Signal Processing Technologies
Large number of oral presentations
To ensure every researcher from any location in the world, from students to established group leaders, has an opportunity to present their newest study at the ESTS'18, the program will include a large number of oral presentations selected from submitted abstracts, distributed in parallel mini-symposia. Each poster presenter will have a chance to give a one-minute flash talk to attract the summit participants to their poster.
Researchers – industries - investors interactions ESTS’16 will provide opportunities for researchers, relevant industries and investors to network in formal and informal contexts. There will be many talks given by industry representatives and panel discussions will take place throughout the summit. Researchers can give five minutes pitches (selected from submitted pitch abstract) to a panel of industries and investors. This will be followed by a cocktail networking event where researchers, industry representatives and investors can have informal discussions.
Grants and awards To facilitate delegate attendance, ESTS'18 will offer grants and awards directed to researchers from developing countries, students and early career researchers and female delegates with young children and that require childcare. To apply for a bursary please send your CV and Abstract to email@example.com by 20th Jun 2018. Best Oral Presentation Biosensors Journal provides the Award for Best Oral Biosensor Presentation - $650 AUD. The winner will be required to submit a manuscript for publication in Biosensors Journal (Cite Score 2.83). Processing charges will be waived. Best Poster Applied Sciences Journal facilitates the Award for Best Poster Presentation - $650 AUD. The winner will be required to submit a manuscript for publication in Applied Sciences Journal (IF: 1.679).
Magnificent locationThe summit will be held in the heart of metropolitan Melbourne, the most liveable city in the world. It is a vibrant place with exquisite facilities and beautiful natural surroundings.